What is SSL?
SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) is a standard technology behind establishing an encrypted connection between a web server (host) and a web browser (client). This connection between the two makes sure that all the data passed between them remain private and intrinsic. SSL is an industry standard and is used by millions of websites to protect their online transactions with their customers. If you have ever visited a website using the https:// in the address bar you were creating a secure connection via SSL. If you have an eshop or sell items via your website, SSL helps in establishing trust with your customers.
Is SSL Important?
Yes. SSL is very important to those websites who keep their users data like passwords, credit card details, email ids etc. If you are going to create website that will stores users sensitive data, then you must use SSL certificate for you and your users or customers security.
How does SSL Work?
SSL create a secure layer between you and the server, where your all the data is stored. SSL encrypt all the data when you entered to the server using SSL certificate. There is no chance to understand the data you stored.
How the encrypted connection is established?
That is very simple but very important. look how this is work for you.
- Step-1: You type a web address on your browser address bar using https://.
- Step-2: Your browser send a request to the hosting server to establish a secure connection between your browser and the server. This is called “SSL Handshake”.
- Step-3: Then the SSL certificate is verified by the browser and the browser is encrypted to make it private and secure.
How to know if a site use SSL?
It is very simple. Just type https:// before the website address. If the website is secure you can see a green lock signal and it shows secure. WHen you click the green lock, it show you information that, the connection is secure.
If the website don’t use the SSL but you typed https:// then the browser show you a warning that, the website is not secure!
What is the disadvantages of SSL?
Well actually SSL have very less disadvantage.
- The main disadvantage is price. Price of SSL is very high. But there is some organizations make it simple and free to use.
- SSL always encrypt all the data you enter so it need more server resources and make the website little bit of slow.
How do I get my SSL certificate?
Well we provide free Let’s Encrypt SSL to all our customers. We also provide comodo SSL for our customers in very competitive price. The price starts from ₹80/month.