What is cPanel – cPanel Tutorial
What is cPanel? cPanel is a Linux-based web hosting control panel that provides a graphical interface and automation tools designed to simplify the process of hosting a web site. cPanel utilizes a 3 tier structure that provides capabilities for administrators, resellers, and end-user website owners to control the various aspects of website and server administration through a standard web browser.
90% Website hosts with cPanel. It is very required to know about hosting with cPanel.
What can I do with cPanel?
A lot! This is where you’ll come to…
- Connect domain names to your hosting
- Set up emails for your site
- Install WordPress (or another content management system)
- Back up your website
- Upload files
- Check your bandwidth usage
- And a whole lot more – like changing security settings, checking out your website’s analytics and installing helpful apps.
cPanel is packed with many features that is not provided by other web hosting management panels. It is graphical, hence, non–technical users can also use it perfectly. cPanel is responsive to the screen size, hence can be used in mobile and tablets. It will automatically adapt the screen size of the device.
cPanel is very easy to use and configure. It automatically adjusts all the advanced setting for web hosting. A user hardly needs to go to the command line to configure any settings, as it already has all the features inbuilt.
cPanel offers the following advantages −
- It is very easy to host a website using cPanel.
- It supports multi languages.
- It is responsive and adapts to any screen size, it can be used efficiently in mobile and Tablet too.
- cPanel has in–built File Manager, which helps in managing your files without the hassles of an FTP.
- cPanel has integrated webmail software, which helps in sending and receiving emails through online webmail client.
- You can easily create a backup of your website in a few steps. This will help you to restore your backup, if your website encounters any error.
- You can easily manage your website databases, as cPanel has integrated phpMyAdmin, which helps to directly manage databases.